Saturday, September 04, 2004

So Sad

I can't believe I'm actually going to start one of these things. I'm not sure that anyone really cares to read them. As you all know, or should know, I'm graduating in December. I figured I'd start this blog to keep anyone who cares up to date with what's going on in my life.

I thought I was ready to leave Clemson until today. Today was a perfect fall day, and it made me remember how much I enjoy the fall in Clemson. I took Jake for a walk and everything was perfect - sunny and cool with a nice breeze. It made me want to go for a mountain bike ride, and made me feel bad about how rarely I ever ride anymore. Even though I don't care much about football, it was also nice to see such a close game today. I'm a slacker and only watched some of the first half and both OTs, but it was good nonetheless. I feel like I've just settled in good here and now I have to leave.

As of next Tuesday, I will have accepted a job with RR Donnelley in their Nashville Sales Office. I've started looking online for apartments and I think Gina and I are going to go to Nashville sometime in November to look for a place. I think everyone else is more excited about my job than I am. I am excited about the job, just not the location. I guess I should just be grateful to have a job at a good company before graduation, but I'm sad to be moving away from all of my friends and family. Luckily, plane tickets are cheap and I'll be making enough money to afford them. I've never been to Nashville except for the day that I flew up for my interview. Everything I've heard about it makes it sound like a pretty cool city, and I've been assured there's more to it that country music – I sure hope so. I start work on January 10 so there won't be much of a transition from Clemson to the "Real World." I'll be in training most of my first 9 months so I won't actually be in Nashville a lot of the time. I still expect to have lots of visitors when I am home, yes, that means you!

I think that's good for tonight. If anyone cares enough to read this, maybe I'll post some more.

No comments: