Friday, September 10, 2004

I could make a habit out of you...

Jump @ the Joint was great. There was a big crowd for a Wednesday night at a private club. The opener was a band called Rubyhorse. I had never heard of them, but they were a pleasant surprise. They’re from Ireland, and very U2-ish. I’ve been listening to Jump since my freshman year, but this was my first show. At the beginning of the show, they mainly played new songs off the new album, which I like so that was good. They also played ‘My Guitar’ with Jay and Ward playing the intro on the same guitar…very sweet. I can’t remember the entire set but some of the standouts were Dim and the Dark, Mexico, Hold You Down, Dancing Virginia, Just a Second, Copper Kettle, Cathedrals, Habit, and Vertigo. The guys sang Happy Birthday to Evan (the drummer) after midnight, and then they played Daylight at his request. The only disappointment was that they played an abnormally short set compared to how long I hear they usually play. They only played for an hour and a half, and Jay is known to do 3-hour solo shows. I guess I shouldn’t complain since I did have class at 9 the next morning.

Last night I got an email from Moore Wallace (the company RRD acquired in February) asking me to interview with them for an outside sales position they are hiring for in the Atlanta/Greenville/Columbia/Charlotte area…dammit! Not that I would get the job if I applied for it, but I’d be a lot closer to everyone I want to be close to if I was in one of those areas instead of Nashville. I guess there’s always hope for a transfer in the future. I actually think it may be nice to be somewhere new for a while.

Today is Jake's 2nd Birthday!! He is now an adolescent and Brian predicts that he will now begin shutting himself in his room and listening to metal, and he will no longer want to go mountain biking or be seen in public with me. Jeff should be here late tonight to see his baby on his birthday. Don't expect another post until Monday at the earliest! hehe.

No comments: