So this weekend didn't turn out like expected, but still turned out good nonetheless. Anne and I went to see Costa play but we were too early and there was still some sorority function going on. Turns out he didn’t start playing until 11 and he played a 3 hour set so we probably could have caught most of the set even after I picked Jeff up in Greenville. Jeff and I went to the Sunrift sale on Saturday. They didn’t have one thing that I wanted, a new pair of chacos, so that was a drag.
The Will Hoge show was fun. The California’s were the first opening band, not particularly my kind of music, but they still put on a great show. The second opening band, American Horse, sucked major ass. Will and the guys were great as usual, but he didn’t tell any of his funny stories, but there were funny moments to make up for it. Towards the end of the show, a girl screamed for Will to take off his hat, which happens at almost every show. He refused saying that he would take of his hat if she took off her shirt. A few seconds later he followed with “I don’t see any shirts,” then a shirt came flying on stage. Will kept his end of the bargain and took off his hat. I think this was the first show I have seen him at without a hat. To his disappointment, when he looked out into the crowd to find the girl who threw the shirt, she was still wearing a tank top. He ended up putting his hat back on and giving her back her shirt. Then it was on to funny moment #2. During ‘All Night Long’ when he got to the part about black lipstick, a lady in the crowd waved a tube of lipstick in the air. He took the tube from her and opened it to reveal brown lipstick. He proceeded to messily apply the lipstick while making a vulgar remark to the guys. Then at the end of the song, Will gave Brian a kiss on the cheek leaving a brown impression of his lips on Brian’s cheek.
People watching at the shows is the most fun out of the whole experience. There was one lady I see at most of the shows I go to at the Handlebar, who is always blistered. She was writing Will’s set down on damp napkins with a red sharpie, looking more like she had a bad nose bleed than anything else. Jeff called Will muffinhead the entire show because he thought Will’s hat looked like a muffin, which it does, but that’s beside the point. Anything would have been better than American Horse, and I think Jeff enjoyed himself so it all turned out well.
This week has gotten off to a shitty start. Just between yesterday and today, I have been informed of too much crap that I have to do between today and next Tuesday, especially since I’m only taking 12 hours. This semester was supposed to be easy, and it sure isn’t turning out that way. I was on campus today from 9-8 doing something school related the entire time. I had a test in environmental science that completely kicked my ass. When I thought today couldn’t get any worse I turned to Will’s ‘From the Road’ posts for a little comic relief. I wish I could link directly to it, but flash sucks and I can’t. If you would like a good laugh, go to www.willhoge.com, click on Tour, then road journal, then the ‘Left over from last week’ post. Will’s from the road posts and strongbad emails are the highlight of my week every Monday, or whenever they decide to post an update.
Since I have so much crap to do between now and Tuesday, and I would like to go out of town this weekend, I’m going to get to work.
Tuesday, September 14, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment