Saturday, May 20, 2006

Graduation

Last weekend I went to Raleigh for Jeff's GRADUATION!! I thought the day would never come ;-). I hadn't been back to NC since Christmas, that I can remember. It always feels good to go back, even when I don't go home. I love Nashville, but I still miss NC a lot.

My flight left Nashville @ 6:45am on Friday. I got to the airport an hour early and the security lines were 10x as long as normal and wrapped around the ticket counters. My flight was leaving from the furthest gate and I made it through the security line with 5 minutes before my flight was scheduled to take off. As I was sprinting through the airport I could hear the final boarding call, but luckily I made it just in time.

Graduation was at 1pm in a middle school somewhere in the ghetto of Raleigh. It was long and boring as most graduations are, but it was nice to see him walk across the stage. Unlike Clemson, where everyone graduates together and gets their diploma from the President, NCSU has one main graduation for everyone in the RBC center (which we didn't go to) and then you have a separate graduation for your major where you actually get your diploma.

The rest of the weekend involved lots of naps, sushi, and 36 holes of frisbee golf. It was my first time playing on a "real" course with actual tees and holes/targets that weren't buildings or trees. We played all the time in Clemson, but we didn't have a marked course , just directions that had been passed along from one person to the next.

I returned to Nashville late Monday night. As I was walking to baggage claim I ran into an old friend from high school, Sara Fuchs, that I hadn't seen in years. She was flying from Alabama to Raleigh and she had a connecting flight in Nashville.

The only question left is now what? For now it's hard to say...

No comments: