So I'm officially living in Nashville now and working at RR Donnelley. I've only been working a week and so far I haven't been able to do a lot. I'm going to Virginia for 2 weeks for training so that I will actually be able to contribute something. I'm looking forward to going to Virginia but I'm going to miss some good shows in Nashville while I'm gone (Modest Mouse, Ray LaMontagne, etc) plus Ben Folds is doing a lecture at Vandy tomorrow at 7...after I leave. Man I'm so mad. But luckily when I get back in February The Films & Will Hoge are playing at the Exit/In. I wanted to go see Kaki King & G Love at the Exit/In but I couldn't find anyone to go with and I'm not really sure where anything is yet or where to park downtown, but I'll definitely figure it out between now and then. I'm also going to go see Carbon Leaf while I'm in Harrisonburg so I'll at least have one thing to do while I'm there. I have to go to Indiana the second week in February for more training and Ben Folds is playing that Saturday at Wabash College. I'm hoping that I can get there a day early and catch the show. I'll be really disappointed if I can't. I've wanted to see Ben live since I stared listening to Ben Folds Five in middle school.
I miss my Jakers. I don't have him here with me right now since I knew I was going to be going out of town for two weeks right after I stared working. Right now he's staying with Jeff's sister, but hopefully they're going to bring him to me sometime in February.
I have furniture!! So far I have a bedroom set (dressers & night stand), a futon for the guest bedroom, and a dining room set. My living room furniture will be delivered the first weekend in February. It was supposed to be delivered on Thursday, but they came 30 min before the apartment office opened and they were supposed to give them the key, so now I have to wait a few more weeks. After I get the furniture for my living room there won't be much big stuff left to get except maybe an entertainment center, and possibly a new TV.
So, the job is good. The people I work with are awesome, and the company is really taking care of me. I got my own laptop, company card, Hertz gold club membership, and my own office w/ a view. I couldn't ask for much more. I just hope that I can live up to their expectations.
I haven't really met anyone here yet. I did meet my next door neighbor, but I didn't get to talk to her much. She's from NC too and just graduated from NC State, so I'll have to go over sometime and talk to her some more since she's the only person I've met so far that's remotely close to my age. There's always February.
I guess I'm going in reverse chronology here. I should probably say something about the holidays. This Christmas was probably the longest I'll ever be home for the holidays again. It was nice to spend some time with the family, even though we never get along all that well. I got to see Monique. Monique, Jeff and I all went to Raleigh for a couple days after Christmas to go shopping. Jeff "accidentally" ended up in Monique's bed which made for a hilarious story. For New Years Jeff and I met Will and Kelly in Raleigh and we watched Raleigh drop its nut and took the dogs to the dog park and spent some time with some of Will's family.
Melanie came up to Clemson for my birthday. We went to Peppino's for dinner and a bunch of people I know from the bike shop/cycling club and graphics showed up. We went from Peppino's to Sloan Street to TD's. Dr Weisenmiller (Melainie's future fianceeƩ) showed up since Melanie was there. He ended up buying most of the pitchers the rest of the night so I didn't spend any money, which was great. Best of all, Anne baked me a cake.
I'm sure there's more to talk about it, but I don't really want to take the time to think of it right now. Until next time...
Saturday, January 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment